At this time, SASS is accepting applications on a rolling basis. If you have any questions about volunteering or internship opportunities, please reach out to Evelin at email@example.com or call our business line at 541-484-9791.
We will offer volunteer placements depending on the agency’s need for additional support; our plans for the upcoming training are subject to change based on our needs as well. After initial screening, qualified applicants will be invited to a brief screening interview. More information is included below.
Core Advocacy Training Details
This training certifies volunteers, staff, and interns to provide confidential advocacy to survivors of sexual violence under the supervision of SASS.
In addition to online, self-directed material, SASS hosts in-person, skill building sessions. Volunteer applicants who meet SASS’s general requirements related to availability, experience, and commitment to the organization’s mission will be invited to participate after a brief screening interview. At this time, we are unable to offer volunteer opportunities to those who have received our services within the past two years.
How Do Volunteers Support the SASS Mission?
SASS volunteers make a difference by:
- offering crisis-response and support to sexual violence survivors of all genders, as well as their partners, friends, and families.
- their dedication to empowerment, self-determination, cooperation, equitable access to resources and services, the right to reproductive choice, and recognizing and resisting oppression, discrimination, and abuses of power.
- being part of the movement to end sexual violence and the ensure the right of all people to live free from the fear of violence.
SASS volunteers contribute by:
- Providing support and advocacy to survivors through the 24/7 Crisis and Support Line
- Providing support and advocacy to survivors through 24/7 emergency medical advocacy
- Facilitating support groups
- Serving on the Board of Directors