At this time, SASS is accepting applications for our next volunteer advocacy training, to be held February 27th – March 18th, 2023. If you have any questions about volunteering or internship opportunities, please reach out to Kaelyn at email@example.com or call our business line at 541-484-9791.
Applications for the upcoming training will be accepted until February 10th, 2023. After initial screening, qualified applicants will be invited to a brief screening interview. More information is included below.
Core Advocacy Training Details
February 27th – March 18th, 2023
This training certifies volunteers, staff, and interns to provide confidential advocacy to survivors of sexual violence under the supervision of SASS.
In addition to online, self-directed material, SASS will host 3 in-person, skill building sessions.* Volunteer applicants who meet SASS’s general requirements related to availability, experience, and commitment to the organization’s mission will be invited to participate after a brief screening interview. At this time, we are unable to offer volunteer opportunities to those who have received our services within the past two years.
*Please note that attending these sessions is required. SASS cannot guarantee a volunteer placement to all training participants. Dates for the in-person sessions are as follows:
- Saturday, March 4th, 2023 from 10am – 2pm
- Saturday, March 11th, 2023 from 10am – 2pm
- Saturday, March 18th, 2023 from 10am – 2pm
How Do Volunteers Support the SASS Mission?
SASS volunteers make a difference by:
- offering crisis-response and support to sexual violence survivors of all genders, as well as their partners, friends, and families.
- their dedication to empowerment, self-determination, cooperation, equitable access to resources and services, the right to reproductive choice, and recognizing and resisting oppression, discrimination, and abuses of power.
- being part of the movement to end sexual violence and the ensure the right of all people to live free from the fear of violence.
SASS volunteers contribute by:
- Providing support and advocacy to survivors through the 24/7 Crisis and Support Line
- Providing support and advocacy to survivors through 24/7 emergency medical advocacy
- Facilitating support groups
- Serving on the Board of Directors